The Importance of a Routine for Increased Productivity

Summer is nearly over. It’s time to get back into action mode. That can sound easier than it actually is. We can easily get distracted and lose track of time even when we have the best intentions at heart. So, what gives?

It may be time to reassess your routine. Why is routine important? According to research, the most successful people use structured routine to help them work towards their goals. Being successful is partially about utilizing time management strategies.

To create a routine, you must first think about your overall vision for your year. What are you looking to accomplish? Then create SMART goals that align with your vision to keep you on track. Goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-limited are designed to give you clarity so you know what your baseline is and have a way of measuring progress along the way.

A routine is, in essence, a way of organizing your time. It is getting in the habit of doing things in a certain way at a certain time. It takes your brain about 21 days to create, change, or break a habit, so if you’re engaged in behaviors that you’d like to tweak to be more in line with your vision, give yourself at least three weeks to let the transformation sink in.

Once you have your vision, your goals, and your routine down, you should be all set, right? Well, not necessarily. Strategies only account for 20 percent of success. The other 80 percent of success comes from your mindset. So make sure you monitor your thinking. Don’t be afraid of failure. Learn from your mistakes and keep pushing forward. Aim for the “gray zone” rather than looking at a situation as “black” or “white.”

If you can implement the strategies above and integrate them with a growth mindset, you are well on your way to a routine that can work to help you get tasks done in a timely fashion and lead you to feeling accomplished. Go forth and do good.

*This article previously appeared in Trend Magazine

13 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon

© 2020 Coaching by Sharon. All rights reserved.